Thursday, March 22, 2007

The 100 Quotes of Me...20 - 1...The Big Finale

Drumroll please! This list represents the last of the 100 Quotes of Me. In the top 20 you will find the quotes that I either identify with most or have worked their way into my lexicon so far that I've nearly forgotten where I heard it in the first place!

20. Obi-Wan: Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. (Return of the Jedi)

19. Greg: Oh, I love that movie. (Sleepless in Seattle)

18. Bob: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. (Office Space)

17. Alexander: I asked you a simple question! Do you love her?
Peter: YES!! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself! (It Happened One Night)

16. Largeman: Fuck, this hurts so much.
Sam: I know it hurts. But it's life, and it's real. And sometimes it fucking hurts, but it's life, and it's pretty much all we got. (Garden State)

15. Bulgarian Girl: Mousier, you are a man. If someone loved you very much so that your happiness was the only thing she wanted in the world…that she did a bad thing to make certain of it. Could you forgive her?
Rick: Nobody ever loved me that much. (Casablanca)

14. Largeman: Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place. (Garden State)

13. Sugar: It's the story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop. (Some Like it Hot)

12. Frank: I will not apologize for who I am. (Magnolia)

11. Robbie: It's just there were a lot of little things like that. I know that sounds stupid...
Julia: Not at all. I think it's the little things that count. (The Wedding Singer)

10. Elwood: I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whoever I'm with. (Harvey)

9. Duckie: It's called a sense of humor. You should get one, they're nice. (Pretty in Pink)

8. Clarence: Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends. (It’s a Wonderful Life)

7. Largeman: It just sort of happens one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. (Garden State)

6. Kate: Happy - smile. Sad - frown. Use the corresponding face for the corresponding emotion. (French Kiss)

5. Tracy: You seem quite contemptuous of me all of a sudden.
Dexter: No, Red, not of you. Never of you...Red, you could be the finest woman on this earth....I’m contemptuous of something inside you--you can’t either help or won’t attempt to. Your so-called “strength,” your prejudice against weakness, your blank intolerance.
Tracy: Is that all?
Dexter: That’s the gist of it. Because you’ll never be a first-class human being or a first-class woman until you’ve learned to have some regard for human frailty. It’s a pity your own foot can’t slip a little sometime, but your sense of inner divinity wouldn’t allow that. This goddess must and shall remain intact. (The Philadelphia Story)

4. Anne: I know I chatter on far too much…but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don’t. Give me SOME credit. (Anne of Green Gables)

3. Becky: That's your problem! You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie. (Sleepless in Seattle)

2. Kathleen: Every thing I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn’t it be the other way around? (You’ve Got Mail)

And last, but certainly not least..........The Number 1 Quote of Me!

1. Buddy Elf: I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite! (Elf)

Well, thus ends my 100 quotes of me; hope you enjoyed them! I may get ambitious again and re-do my 100 Favorite Movies of all time...but don't hold your breath, that takes a lot of time and energy! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that the effort must have been tremendous. How ever did you remember the quotes word for word?
My favorites were those of Largeman (14 & 7) Dexter and Tracy(5), and Clarence (8).
Thanks K8!

Unknown said...

14, 12, & 8. These three quotes--these three--this is why we're friends.



Well...they're not really why we're friends, but it sounded really good, didn't it? ;)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is all in the delivery, but I love this from "The Pleasure Seekers." (1964) "I know I'm dumb! But it's all I have to work with."

w) www.novemberdawn.com
w) www.maisolmedia.com
b) www.novemberdawn.wordpress.com
b) www.maisolmedia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

amazing. impressive. and all the above.

your brilliance never ceases to amaze me.